What is the 6-Week “RESET” Foundation Nutrition & Lifestyle Challenge 2019?
This nutrition challenge is all about helping you become the best version of yourself in 2019. Using nutrition as our foundation, we’ll also focus on hydration, exercise, mobility, sleep and motivation goals.
Because, when you have all these elements working together, you’ll experience positive changes with your performance, recovery, energy, body composition and more!
Our goal is to help you better understand the impact of your daily choices, so you can achieve sustainable results.
For 6 weeks you’ll not only be committing to yourself that you’re going to achieve these goals, you’ll be committing to a partner who will help you stay accountable, too!
Who Can Participate?
Anyone. Anywhere. Nationwide.
The 6-week “RESET” Foundation Nutrition & Lifestyle Challenge is for anyone (beginner, intermediate or advanced individuals) looking to experience positive changes in their performance, recovery, energy levels, body fat percentages, and get motivated, too! Teens have the choice to participate in the 6-week RESET challenge or the 2-week version below.
Go ahead…partner up with a workout buddy at the box, a long-distance friend, neighbor, spouse… and let’s do this!
When Does It Start?
The 6-week nutrition and lifestyle challenge begins Monday, January 7 and runs through Sunday, Feb 17, 2019.
Initial weigh-ins begin Wednesday, Jan. 2, and end Wednesday, Jan. 9, 2019.
How Much Does It Cost?
The cost of the nutrition challenge is $48.
This includes weekly email check-ins and two individual phone consultations (initial and mid challenge) with Coach Angela to establish and outline your own individual goals for the challenge. These customized goals will be the foundation for your unique point system. You will also receive the following:
- Before/after weigh-ins.
- Accountability from your partner.
- Access to our RESET Challenge online goal tracker (download the free app: Wodify Rise).
- Unlimited community support through our private RESET Challenge Facebook support group.
- All the education and motivation you need to confidently achieve your goals (posted on our Foundation Nutrition blog and emailed regularly).
- Two 15-min. phone consultations with Coach Angela to review goals, address individualized questions and overcome sticking points.
- Regular email check-ins for questions, guidance and unlimited support.
Nutrition Challenge Details
Improve your health & wellness in 6-weeks by focusing on 7 habits every day. Every goal on the list below will be customized to fit your lifestyle. Connect with Coach Angela by January 9 to establish your own personal goals for the challenge.
- NUTRITION — Eat only whole (unprocessed), nutrient-dense foods from your food list and follow portion guidelines, eating only to “satisfied” instead of “stuffed”
- EXERCISE — Exercise for your set goal amount of time each day.
- MOBILITY — Stretch and/or roll for your set goal amount of time each day.
- SLEEP — Sleep your set goal of hours every night.
- HYDRATE — Drink your set goal amount of water daily.
- PERSONAL IMPROVEMENT — Establish a goal outside of work or exercise to keep you growing as an individual. Take the time to work on this goal for your set amount of time each day. (These goals can encompass anything from spirituality to charitable work to expanding your knowledge)
- MOTIVATE — Every day, share your experience about the RESET challenge with your partner to help you both stay motivated.
Each person will start the day with 22 points. The team’s score at the end of the challenge will be the sum of both individual’s total scores.
A complete Nutrition day is worth 10 points is is comprised of two parts.
- Simply Eat Clean, Nutrient-Dense Foods- For the duration of this challenge, we encourage you to clean up your diet and eliminate processed foods while embracing nutrient-dense foods such as vegetables, fruits, good fats and high-quality proteins. Connect with Coach Angela to discuss your specific guidelines.
- Get 5 points for eating within your food guidelines.
- Get 2 points for making one positive change in your diet.
- Portions- See portion guidelines for all the details.
- Get 5 points for following portion guidelines.
- Get 2 points for missing a meal or eating until you feel uncomfortable or “stuffed.”
A complete Exercise day is worth 2 points.
- Get 2 points for achieving your exercise goal.
- Get 1 point for doing “a little something.”
- 0 points for skipping your workout.
A complete Mobility day is worth 2 points.
- Get 2 points for achieving your mobility (stretching and/or rolling) goal.
- 0 points for missing the chance to be a supple leopard.
A complete Sleep day is worth 2 points.
- Get 2 points for achieving your sleep goal.
- 1 point for being within an hour of that goal.
- 0 points for anything less…zzzz
A complete Hydrate day is worth 2 points.
- Get 2 points for drinking your specific amount of water
- 1 point for drinking up to 80% of that amount.
- 0 points for anything less.
A complete Personal Improvement day is worth 2 points.
- Get 2 points for making an effort to work toward your personal improvement goal.
- 0 points for missing today..
A complete Motivate day is worth 2 points.
- Get 2 points for taking the time to reach out to your partner EVERY day of this challenge to help each other stay accountable and motivated for all 6 weeks. Some suggestions include: Swap recipe ideas, arrange to swap pre-cooked meals. It can be as simple as a daily phone call, text, email, Facebook comment or IG messages to share success, struggles, tips, tricks, recipes, etc. Take it a step further and set-up a weekly phone call or in-person meet-up to talk about your progress.
- 1 point: submitting your weekly weigh-in
- 1 point: submitting progress pictures on your app (these are private and are not visible on the app news feed)
- 1 point: Weekly bonus TBD
Are There Prizes?
- First Place Team will receive:
- COLD HARD CASH!! Note: The amount of cash prizes will depend on the number of participants we get.
- PLUS 1 Month of Individual Foundation Nutrition Coaching *valued at $175 each
- Second Place Team will receive:
- 2 CrossFit Salus Tandem Coaching Sessions (or remote programming if outside Monmouth county). *valued at $140 each
- Plus, prizes from Kettlebell Kitchen, Birch Benders, Playa Bowl….AND MORE!
- Third Place Team will receive:
- 1 CrossFit Salus Tandem Coaching Sessions (or remote programming if outside Monmouth county). *valued at $70 each
- Plus, goodies from more fun brands!
*Coaching prizes are not eligible to be redeemed for cash.
*Coaches who choose to participate in the challenge are not eligible to receive cash prizes.
If there is a tie at the end of the challenge, we will refer to tiebreakers.
Considering this is a nutrition challenge, we’ll first look at the team who had the most points from both nutrition categories. And if there is still a tie, we’ll come up with a fitness-based tie-breaker challenge to ensure that only one team is victorious!
- Make the choice that you and your health goals are worth some extra effort in 2019.
- Tell your friends and family about it to help hold you accountable. Maybe you’ll motivate them to join you!
- Email email@example.com to set up your individualized goals ASAP.
- Grab a partner and register now to RESET to a healthier you this year.
Interested in something more individualized and in-depth? Sign up for our 3-month Nutrition Coaching Program. Find out more at http://www.crossfitsalus.com/foundation-nutrition-coaching/.